Friday, January 27, 2006

In A Relationship

Part of my walk along The Path is reading inspirational material so I could be an effective instrument of God's love. The past days saw me struggling with saying "goodbye" (for the gazillionth time, by golly) to a beloved friend. To help me focus on the really essential things, I make sure I don't forget my daily dose of The Word and doing things that would help enrich and strengthen my revitalized faith.

Yesterday, I visited Powerbooks and found some really cool stuff (including a metallic bible) and chanced upon a copy of "Extreme Faith" by 23-year-old Kiddo Cosio on my way out. I bought the copy on merits of interest and relevance, with my college freshman sister in mind. This afternoon, while on board the MRT, I read something which really struck the chords of my heart:

Extreme faith, living out our faith radically, is at the root of Christianity. It is not for elite 'Navy Seal' Christians; there is no such thing. The call to give our all in pursuit of Jesus is for all mankind because Jesus desires to share eternity with each of us -- in a beautiful relationship that will go on forever, never growing old and tiresome, but rather more passionate and resplendent by the day.

Extreme faith means saying goodbye to passive religious practice for the sake of meeting an obligation. It means choosing not to flirt with sin. Itmeans not living for the fleeting material pleasures of this world. It means choosing to get rid of indifference, and choosing to live our lives with the extreme in mind: life on high with Christ, in eternity forever.

Such, my dear friends, is the reason behind my status: In A Relationship and my self description, being "of extreme faith on a radical love for Him who first loved us!" In all humility I intend to nurture our relationship and be an instrument of His wonderful love each day of my single life so I could, in turn, inspire others in theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home